Wireshare error 127 with Kernel 5.13.0-22

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gurglin
Level 1
Level 1

Wireshare error 127 with Kernel 5.13.0-22

Post by gurglin »

Dear All,

While updating the system, I have noticed the following error message:

Wireshare configuration (6.0.1-0) ... / var / lib / dpkg / info / wireshare.postinst: 5: gconf-schemas: not found dpkg: error processing wireshare package (--configure) : wireshare package post-installation script installed thread returned error status 127 [...] Processing errors occurred: wireshare E: Sub-process / usr / bin / dpkg returned an error code (1) Failed to install a package. Attempt to restore: Wireshare configuration (6.0.1-0) ... / var / lib / dpkg / info / wireshare.postinst: 5: gconf-schemas: not found dpkg: error processing wireshare package (--configure): wireshare package post-installation script installed thread returned error status 127 Processing errors occurred: wireshare

Wireshare starts and seems connecting. I personally did not detect problems. Therefore, the issue does not seem affecting software’s work.

I wonder if anybody else is facing the same thing. And in which way it affects the system.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Wireshare error 127 with Kernel 5.13.0-22

Post by mikeflan »

Hi gurglin. The logs are full of entries that appear to be a cause of concern, but don't cause any obvious problems. I guess it's a good way for the developers to debug a problem. We have grown accustomed to ignoring them until a problem develops, and then it is hard to pick out which ones apply to our problem. Not ideal for the users, but it all seems to work out in the end.
gurglin
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Wireshare error 127 with Kernel 5.13.0-22

Post by gurglin »

Thank you, mikeflan

Return to “Software & Applications”