Suggest XED alternatives

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jasom
Level 1
Level 1

Suggest XED alternatives

Post by jasom »

Hi all,

today I spend 30 minutes replacing XED for Leafpad, notepad like editor I'm used from Lubuntu. During playtime I realized that Leafpad can be installed on Linux Mint 20.2 only using Snapd so I installed it also.

When was everything done, I opened my beautiful editor and it instantly burned my eyes with white screen UI. No way. I rolled everything back: uninstalled Leadpad, uninstalled and forbid Spapd and installed XED again. I spend 30 minutes and got nowhere.

Reason I want replace XED is that I'm used for Leafpad's jump to next search result using F3 shortcut (and under Lubuntu it also synchronized UI with the system's dark theme).

My question is: Can you suggest me, please, some notepad.exe like editor where F3 "jump to next search results" works? What do you use instead XED?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
https://www.jasom.net - my personal website about open-source, WordPress, PHP, Linux and life.
t42
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Suggest XED aleternatives

Post by t42 »

As has been suggested by Pjotr you can install Leafpad from this deb file from Bodhi repositories
Index of /bodhi/pool/b6main/l/leafpad
It is latest updated version.

btw you don't need to uninstall other text editors, xed has its nice features, mousepad can be considered as well sudo apt-get install mousepad
-=t42=-
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

Have a look at featherpad in the Mint repositories
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
jasom
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jasom »

t42 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:14 pm As has been suggested by Pjotr you can install Leafad from this deb file from Bodhi repositories It is latest updated version.
I stick with this. Good ol' LeafPad.
t42 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:14 pm mousepad can be considered as well sudo apt-get install mousepad
Tested and... a decent alternative to LeafPad
all41 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:49 pm Have a look at featherpad in the Mint repositories
Also great tip, it has dark mode, F3 feature and easily customizable shortcuts.

Thank you to both.
https://www.jasom.net - my personal website about open-source, WordPress, PHP, Linux and life.

Return to “Software & Applications”