[SOLVED] Desktop Background with Version # for Mint 20.2 (Cinnamon)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FenderGuy

[SOLVED] Desktop Background with Version # for Mint 20.2 (Cinnamon)

Post by FenderGuy »

When Linux Mint (Cinnamon) boots to the login screen, a background is loaded, and if I recall correctly, back in the days of Linux Mint 17.x, the background screens included a graphic identifying the version of Linux Mint that was installed; for example, "17.1". I really liked that background; however, I can't find a similar one in the collection that's included with Linux Mint 20.2 (Cinnamon).

Note: The backgrounds should appear in a folder under Preferences > Backgrounds > Linux Mint

Does such a screen exist, and if so, where can I find it?

Thanks, guys. 😉
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
FenderGuy

Desktop Background with Version # for Mint 20.2 (Cinnamon)

Post by FenderGuy »

Does anyone know if a background exists which contains the version number for the current release of Linux Mint (see example below):

...and if not, is it difficult to make one?

Thanks, guys.
SimonPeter
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Desktop Background with Version # for Mint 20.2 (Cinnamon)

Post by SimonPeter »

FenderGuy wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:03 pm Does anyone know if a background exists which contains the version number for the current release of Linux Mint (see example below):

Thanks, guys.
Just use any drawing software (you may edit using Drawing, GIMP, some online editor, Inkscape or even take a screenshot from LibreOffice).
FenderGuy

Post by FenderGuy »

SimonPeter wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:20 pm
FenderGuy wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:03 pm Does anyone know if a background exists which contains the version number for the current release of Linux Mint (see example below):

Thanks, guys.
Just use any drawing software (you may edit using Drawing, GIMP, some online editor, Inkscape or even take a screenshot from LibreOffice).
I wasn't able to find one with the current version number in the graphic, but I DID find these, which I DO like:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qTfepZauCfo4oyku5
FenderGuy

Post by FenderGuy »

I'm going to work with the newly downloaded graphics that I referenced above. It's easier for me.

Thanks, guys. :wink:

Return to “Software & Applications”