Thumbnails displayed as generic icons with file type on the icon (MOVING TO SOFTWARE)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
digger44
Level 3
Level 3

Thumbnails displayed as generic icons with file type on the icon (MOVING TO SOFTWARE)

Post by digger44 »

I have had a few kernel updates recently so I don't know if that is the problem. I have a Lenovo Z580 with Linux Mint 20.2 Uma \ Mate. All my thumbnails are looking like a generic square purple icon with png in the bottom right corner. I have gone into file manager and changed under preview Other reviewable Files at one time or other to Always, Never, or local files only. I ran rm -r ~/.thumbnails/* and rebooted. I get the same result. If anyone can provide a solution I would be grateful. I would like to see on the icons just what the image is. Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
digger44
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Thumbnails displayed as generic icons with file type on the icon

Post by digger44 »

Still no resolution to the problem but I have found that using Pix is a temporary workaround. If anybody understands why I am getting generic thumbnails instead of pictures I would appreciate the help.

Return to “MATE”