LM 20.3 cinnamon calendar applet does not refresh immediately after an update in the calendar

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
usimsek
Level 1
Level 1

LM 20.3 cinnamon calendar applet does not refresh immediately after an update in the calendar

Post by usimsek »

Hi all,

I love the new calendar applet feature where the upcoming events are shown, however there is a small problem. I synchronize my google calendar with the Gnome Calendar (flatpak version) and mostly works perfectly, except when I delete an event from the calendar. The calendar is then updated but the cinnamon calendar applet still shows the deleted event until I restart cinnamon with alt+f2 and r.

Is this a bug or does it have something to do with gnome calendar?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gillmt
Level 1
Level 1

Re: LM 20.3 cinnamon calendar applet does not refresh immediately after an update in the calendar

Post by gillmt »

Hi - to add my comment on this. The applet doesn't sync with the Lightning calendar either. Weekly events, changed from Thursday to Sunday now appear on both days along with a reminder....
As the OP asks - is this a bug?
Many thanks
naven
Level 1
Level 1

Re: LM 20.3 cinnamon calendar applet does not refresh immediately after an update in the calendar

Post by naven »

Is it this window you are referring to?

I updated those events to happen at 7 AM, but now I'm being notified at 7 PM (the previous time). In thunderbird in appears and notifies just fine.
Same problem in ubuntu 20.04
Attachments
Screenshot from 2022-02-05 18-41-00.png

Return to “Software & Applications”