[SOLVED] Screenshot copy to clipboard not working

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kibasaur
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Screenshot copy to clipboard not working

Post by kibasaur »

Hello everyone!

I just installed Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3 on my new laptop. I briefly had it on my old laptop and had some issues with this but managed to make it work.

My problem is simple, when I copy a screenshot to the clipboard I can't paste it so I'm assuming that it's not being copied for some reason. When I installed the distro I didn't have a clipboard manager installed for some reason so I installed Clipit and figured that might've been the problem but I'm still not able to capture to clipboard.

Any suggestions ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Screenshot copy to clipboard not working

Post by deepakdeshp »

ksnip works well.Please try
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Post by mikeflan »

when I copy a screenshot to the clipboard
How do you do that? Maybe you just hit Print Scrn and then hit the Copy to Clipboard button??
kibasaur
Level 1
Level 1

Post by kibasaur »

Hmm I think I was just under the impression that I could paste an image into a folder and a file would be created. It is pasteable in chats and in editors so I guess there never was a problem. I'm gonna change it to solved.

Return to “Software & Applications”