Startup applications (Rambox, Nextcloud client) not starting up

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tafkamp
Level 1
Level 1

Startup applications (Rambox, Nextcloud client) not starting up

Post by tafkamp »

Hey guys,
for a couple of weeks I'm experiencing an odd behaviour. The Nextcloud desktop client and Rambox (multi-messenger) no longer start up after I boot up my machine. When it first happened, I was still on 20.2 but have since upgraded to 20.3 with no change.

The odd thing about it is that both processes seem to run when I look for them using ps aux. After killing them I can manually start the applications and they run fine. I tried removing/re-enabling the respective entries in Mint's "Startup applications" as well as within the applications themselves. With Nextcloud, I have used the precompiled ppa and tried changing it to the snap package (after thoroughly purging everything) but it didn't change a thing.

Has anyone experienced a similar behaviour? I can't tell if both of these apps stopped starting up at the same time nor when it started. If there's any log that would help find the cause I'd happily provide it but I don't know where to look and for what.

I'd appreciate it a lot if someone could help me solve this annoying situation.

Best
Michael
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”