Connect Play on linux to 2nd Linux machine shared folder

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Makarios
Level 2
Level 2

Connect Play on linux to 2nd Linux machine shared folder

Post by Makarios »

I support a windows based accounting software called Omni Accounts for the last 20 years. I am now attempting to run Omni Accounts in a Linux environment.

Omni accounts runs fine as a "stand alone" installation in Wine and in Play on Linux. ( here Omni Accounts runs on the local Linux Mint machine inside POL and the data of Omni Accounts it is in a Firebird database inside Play on Linux (POL). So its all in one place and works well.

I have also setup a Linux Mint File server where the LAN Windows PC's connect via the network to the Firebird database on a Linux Mint "fileserver" this also works well as the Windows "Clients" dont even know they are now connecting to a Linux Fileserver.

Now I am trying to replicate the above by using a Linux Mint Client ( with Omni Accounts Client install ( not standalone) installed in POL) to connect to the Linux Mint Fileserver ( like the windows pc's would do)

Here is where I am running into a wall. I need to tel POL on the Linux Mint workstation where the DATA is ( ie the Linux mint fileserver as mentioned above)

How do one Map or point to the shared folder on the Mint Fileserver, from withing POL? I need this to work so that the windows based Omni Accounts in POL knows where the Firebird data is on the Linux Mint Fileserver.

The Linux Mint POL Host has full access to the shared folder on the 2nd Linux Mint machine dedicated as Fileserver.

It gets a bit hairy because I am trying to connect to the shared folder on the Linux Mint Fileserver above, from inside POL on the Linux Workstation ( or host or Client).

We are using Linux ( samba) and the networking in Linux works but not the from the POL - I would assume we need to see with a "windows" networking glasses.

and here I am falling out the bus..

Any suggestions or pointers?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”