SmPlayer and DVDs

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bendipa
Level 5
Level 5

SmPlayer and DVDs

Post by bendipa »

I am having problem getting Smplayer to play DVDs in Mint. A DVD menu often appears, bur unfortunately it is silent and none of the links on it will work. VLC has no such issue with the menu in that respect, whereas Celluloid produces no menu, but at least starts the DVD. In some instances with Smplayer no menu appears and the DVD will then start, but that's in a minority of cases. I rarely use Celluloid, as both Smplayer and VLC have many useful features lacking with Celluloid.

Although it's easy just to stick with VLC, I would like to use Smplayer in playing DVDs. I should add that SmPlayer plays most DVDs just fine in Windows. In that case no menu appears, but at least the DVD starts to play. So am I missing some Smplayer plug-in to play DVDs in Mint?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Computer: Dell Vostro 470
Systems: Linux Mint 21.2 Xfce (Victoria), Manjaro 23.1 Xfce (Vulcan), Windows 10 (22H2) Pro.

Return to “Software & Applications”