Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
spo00n
Level 1
Level 1

Mythbrowser (0.22)

Post by spo00n »

Anyone have any idea how to set up the new Mythbrowser in Mythtv 0.22? Using the MythTV 0.22 from the repository.
There's no documentation for the latest version anywhere, including the MythTV user manual.
I get a screen in setup that says to add bookmarks using the bookmark menu, but there isn't one & there's no way to do it. Can't find a config file for it either.
I'm new to the quick & easy world of MythTV setup ;-)
Last edited by spo00n on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Uncle Spellbinder
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Mythbrowser (0.22)

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

Computer Specs: HP Pavilion - Intel Core i5 - 3.10GHz - 8 GB memory - nVidia GeForce GT 520 1 GB
spo00n
Level 1
Level 1

Post by spo00n »

DrHu
Level 17
Level 17

Post by DrHu »

spo00n wrote:I get a screen in setup that says to add bookmarks using the bookmark menu, but there isn't one & there's no way to do it
I get a screen in setup that says to add bookmarks..
  • Seen from where (browser or mythbrowser plugin ?); a web browser (konqueror, Firefox, Mozilla, Opera or Netscape) will all have a default bookmark, for their own home page at a minimum..
I don't understand, its a plugin for a web browser, and it should depend on which web browser you are using, as to how it handles plugins..

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2 ... 665,00.asp
  • Its a plugin, so check plugins first..
spo00n
Level 1
Level 1

Post by spo00n »

DrHu,

Thanks for your help.
Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, I'm talking about Mythbrowser, the myth plugin for browsing the internet from within MythTV, not mythweb the plugin for making changes to myth via a browser. I appreciate the links, but they're are from several years ago, and don't relate to my problem with the current version.

The default option in setup is "Internal, " which is defined as the "built in" browser.
This is on the setup screen for the plugin in Myth.
Trying to use the browser, I get the unchangeable 'bookmark manager' page w/ the message about using the bookmarks menu that doesn't exist.
I get the same result when I set firefox as the default browser on the mythbrowser setup page.

I know the mythbrowser for 0.22 is new, so I assume setup differs from previous versions, otherwise they'd not have deleted the mythbrowser documentation from the myth wiki.
spo00n
Level 1
Level 1

Post by spo00n »

One would have to realise that the 'M' keyboard key will give you the needed menu in mythbrowser to add a bookmark. Simply do that & add your bookmarks.

Return to “Software & Applications”