Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
@go
Level 1
Level 1

File Uploader doesn't work

Post by @go »

I upgraded from Mint7 to Mint8 via terminal, but when I try to lauch File Uploader nothing happens, then I tried to launch it via terminal and I got this message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintUpload/file-uploader.py", line 11, in <module>
import pyinotify
ImportError: No module named pyinotify

Someone can help me please?
rich_roast
Level 6
Level 6

Re: File Uploader doesn't work

Post by rich_roast »

Can't reproduce this bug here, but there is a pyinotify package you can obtain and install using synaptic package manager (or at least check to see if it's already installed or not). It should have been installed by default. Perhaps it was removed for some reason?
@go
Level 1
Level 1

Post by @go »

Thanks rich_roast, you where right, there was a pyinotify package indeed, I installed it and now the uploader starts up, but the Default values in the list are empty, I added an FTP connection using the mint server as described in the hints but the value of the combo (FTP, etc....) doens't get saved and when I try to use it I got an error that the login is incorrect. I think I'll reinstall Helena, upgrading seems to go fine at first, but there are this one and some others minor errors that I cannot fix. Thanks
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Post by emorrp1 »

You need to use the Upload Manager to add the details of your own server (or one of the many free ones on the 'net). I'm afraid we can no longer offer free space on the Mint servers, though a few community members have expressed interest in providing access to their own.
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
@go
Level 1
Level 1

Post by @go »

emorrp1 wrote:You need to use the Upload Manager to add the details of your own server (or one of the many free ones on the 'net). I'm afraid we can no longer offer free space on the Mint servers, though a few community members have expressed interest in providing access to their own.
I understand now, thanks emorrp1, I'll find another server then.
714snoopy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by 714snoopy »

Speaking of Upload Manager, is it available for older versions of Mint? I'm still using Mint 6 on one of my machines and its purring right along.

I know, I should just update to Mint 8 because its AWESOME! (I use it at home)

Thanks!
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Post by emorrp1 »

Well, it's known as mintUpload in earlier versions, and is available by right-clicking on a file and selecting Upload. The version in Felicia only supports FTP and doesn't have a configuration GUI. However, I'm currently uploading mintUpload v3.7.4 to my ppa, for all versions of Mint. This will give you the upload interface from Gloria, which included a configuration GUI, with all the functional improvements (including a menu item labelled "File Uploader") but will not give you the tray icon interface introduced in Helena.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I must have changed something which broke compatability with pre-Gloria, so I'm afraid you can't easily have the latest version. I'll look into it when I have time (probably not before February though)
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
Sid32
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Sid32 »

Running MInt 8, and trying to use MInt Upload. Nothing happens when I try to upload a file. This worked in Mint 7. I open Mint upload manager and there is no options to upload to the mint space I have been using before. Anyone knows what the settings are for the default mint space?

Return to “Software & Applications”