Suspension and hibernation stopped working from the Mint Menu, but s2disk and s2ram work

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BrunoMiranda
Level 4
Level 4

Suspension and hibernation stopped working from the Mint Menu, but s2disk and s2ram work

Post by BrunoMiranda »

Hi everyone!

I can't suspend or hibernate my system from the Mint Menu's shutdown options anymore. Basically both buttons do just nothing. Nothing is even written to /var/log.
But the OS is capable of it, since s2disk and s2ram work perfectly but forces me to go to a root terminal.
Also, pm-suspend and pm-hibernate work. pm-hibernate invokes s2disk.

This might have happened because I've added a new spinning rust hard drive in this computer, and created a new swap on it, and reconfigured uswsusp to use this swap for hibernation.
Usually this does not brake things, but well, being it the case or not, here I am... :lol:

So is there a way to get those buttons on the shutdown menu to work back again?
Preferably, to use s2disk for the hibernation, I prefer it because it compresses the data, shows the progress of it and gives the option to press backspace to abort the hibernation process and brings you back to the desktop.

Any help, please? Thank you!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Bye for now,
Bruno

(Always backup before you screw up :)

Return to “Software & Applications”