[Solved] LM 20.3 In FF100 Google Sign In Button Does Not Work

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
borgward
Level 6
Level 6

[Solved] LM 20.3 In FF100 Google Sign In Button Does Not Work

Post by borgward »

Mint 20.3 Ff 100
Google sign in "Next" button not work. Cleared cache. Instructed to check DNS server automatically. Don't see that anywhere. Do something else?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: LM 20.3 In FF100 Google Sign In Button Does Not Work

Post by karlchen »

Hello, borgward.

What makes you conclude that in the Google login dialogue the button [Next] did not work?

I just checked here using LM 19.3 and Firefox 100.0. After having entered
+ my Google login name, clicked [Next], and
+ my Google password and clicked [Next],
I will be logged into my Google account. Only if I mistype my password, logging in will fail, and a corresponding error message will be displayed.

Regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 750 days now.
Lifeline
LoVache

Post by LoVache »

Works fine here with FF100.0.1 + Mint Cinnamon 20.3.
borgward
Level 6
Level 6

Post by borgward »

karlchen wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:35 amWhat makes you conclude that in the Google login dialogue the button [Next] did not work?
After entering username I press the "Next" button that's supposed to bring up the next page where you enter your password. Nothing happens. the password page did not come up. There was now activity at the bottom left of the screen indicating progress to the next page. There are numerous accounts of this happening on the web.

I went through the FF troubleshooter. I disabled NoScript and the problem went away. I then enabled NoScript and had to trust gstatic. Problem solved.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: [Solved] LM 20.3 In FF100 Google Sign In Button Does Not Work

Post by karlchen »

Hello, borgward.

Congratulations on resolving the reported problem. :) - A lot of webpages will not function (properly), in case Javascript has been disabled. Not too surprising.

Cheers,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 750 days now.
Lifeline
borgward
Level 6
Level 6

Re: [Solved] LM 20.3 In FF100 Google Sign In Button Does Not Work

Post by borgward »

I had been logging in to Google for years with out having to trust gstatic. Guess that's another Google hoop to jump through.

Return to “Software & Applications”