Libre Office Calc 7.3.2.2 issue

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Menard
Level 7
Level 7

Libre Office Calc 7.3.2.2 issue

Post by Menard »

Hello

This version is better for me with some issue fixed for some spread sheets, but something new appears for me : the important slow down when moving the cell selected by the arrow keys, moving the selection from cell to cell, but only in cells that contains something, and that is a new establish fact compared with my previous speech about this
It is associated with a high level of CPU activity during the time when it happens
No other relation is to do : RAM usage normal, new graphic adapter now so Nvidia not better than AMD for this, and vertical moving as well as horizontal moving
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon - K 5.15 - Desktop - english
AMD APU A8 7600 - DDR3 1833 MHz 8 GB x2 Dual Channel
--

If you think tough men are dangerous, wait until you see what weak men are capable of.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Libre Office Calc 7.3.2.2 issue

Post by mikeflan »

That is not normal, or at least not for my ver 7.3.3.2 Flatpak I am running. It takes 50 seconds to open a 61 MB ODS file that has 357,300 rows and columns from AA to BU. Navigation by arrow keys is very fast - as fast as doing the same in an XED text file. No issues at all, except for the slow open time. That 50 second open time is about 4 times faster than it was on my previous version of LO. I have had some crashes, but only about 15 per year, and I use LO daily. After a crash it recovers the file well every time.
Menard
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Menard »

I ve lost important files in the past with LO and particularly one time caused by a well documented issue that was the subject of a web page on the net, it was very insidious because the file was correctly saved in appearance, but it was not readable after ... so even a duplication was not readable, and I lost this important file because in addition I had not a frequent back up, because with Excel it was not necessary, the issue was in a little error in XML that was clearly mentioned by intenet browsers, so I think that the team could have make a simple tool to recover these unreadable files

But now since 3 or 4 years, thats right that it recovers our files in all cases :)

With this version I have still an xl (excel95) file whose open time is 1'15'' :? its size is 6.1 MiB and this open time didn't reduce with the versions, it is an abandonned file for me, documentation and journal about my life with Windows ... it is the past, it begans as Excel document created under Excel 2000 and stayed like this
--

If you think tough men are dangerous, wait until you see what weak men are capable of.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

there is a LibreOffice forum; would you be better talking directly to them?
Menard
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Menard »

I didn't know but I allready used a sort of dedicated support website for it, for some questions about the settings, I used Twitter too but now I am banned for life on Twitter because I talk
--

Menard
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Menard »

mikeflan wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:23 am That is not normal, or at least not for my ver 7.3.3.2 Flatpak I am running. It takes 50 seconds to open a 61 MB ODS file that has 357,300 rows and columns from AA to BU. Navigation by arrow keys is very fast - as fast as doing the same in an XED text file. No issues at all, except for the slow open time. That 50 second open time is about 4 times faster than it was on my previous version of LO. I have had some crashes, but only about 15 per year, and I use LO daily. After a crash it recovers the file well every time.
Further I precisely could establish this :
> It is still there with 7.3.5.2 version
> it is only when navigating with arrow keys on not empty cells ... on empty cells it is fast as ever
> I cannot compare with you because I only use excel 95 format and it is limited to A to IV (I don't know how many columns this makes)

My main other concerns, are
- the issue that is when I right click on a cell containing text, it selects a word instead displaying the menu to copy or paste
- the issue that is when I copy multiple rows with empty rows between the rows and formulas in the copied rows, the formulas are replaced by their current value
- the issue that is when I copy multiple rows with empty rows between the rows and want to move in the sheet by scrolling, it freezes a lot for minutes and then I must use the click and drag instead
- force scheduled backups that bypass the choice to disable them in the settings
- invader red colour, allways suggested as I never use it and I must allways re-type ff0000
--

Return to “Software & Applications”