Open RGB flatpak

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AwetismGaming
Level 1
Level 1

Open RGB flatpak

Post by AwetismGaming »

So my issue as of late has been that I'm trying to get the flat pack version of the OpenRGB software running properly, but it requires a rules file off of github to detect more than my graphics card, that's all well and good; I download the file, but I don't have permission to go into the lib folder and just put stuff in there. I'm wondering if I can open this stuff in root through the file manager, or if there's some specific command I can type in to the terminal that will get me access. I do know about the sudo thing, but the rest of the command I really don't know, this is now my 4th day of literally any Linux at all for context. [UPDATE] I added the file now, but this just broke the app.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MikeNovember
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Open RGB flatpak

Post by MikeNovember »

Hi,

I don't understand your concern about "a file from github". Flatpak version of OpenRGB does not need anything from Github. Like other flatpaks it needs a runtime, and when you install it, the installation of the necessary runtime(s) is proposed and you have to accept it.

Flatpak tutorial here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=368501

Then, install OpenRGB with the command:

Code: Select all

flatpak install org.openrgb.OpenRGB
Regards,

MN
Level 1

Post by AwetismGaming »

When I was on the OpenRGB discord, they were trying to take me through those steps, but I'll be happy to try that when I get home if she'll work. Thanks.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

AwetismGaming wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:04 pm So my issue as of late has been that I'm trying to get the flat pack version of the OpenRGB software running, but it requires a rules file off of github
Maybe make things easy for yourself... and just install the OpenRGB Flatpak from the software manager. It's just one click.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
AwetismGaming
Level 1
Level 1

Post by AwetismGaming »

That's what I did after I found out you could, but it wouldn't detect my motherboard or anything, and then the forum on discord then said the rules needed to go in there to detect anything. I guess that's my bad for not saying running properly, and just running at all. I will say that I was foolishly trying to install it the hard way for most of it.
AwetismGaming
Level 1
Level 1

Post by AwetismGaming »

I also apologize since I hastily was writing this whole thing on break while at my job, so I hadn't worded it well at all
Eph
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Eph »

For what it's worth, the Flatpak didn't work for me so I uninstalled it. I went to https://openrgb.org/releases.html and downloaded the .deb file (openrgb_0.7_amd64_buster_6128731.deb). I installed it by double-clicking on the .deb file. OpenRGB worked without further messing about.
AwetismGaming
Level 1
Level 1

Post by AwetismGaming »

I'll try that, I just opened the lib folder as root, and got to the folder like I wanted, and put it in there, and the app didn't even work anymore

Return to “Software & Applications”