sbsigntool blacklisted

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
iliketrains
Level 4
Level 4

sbsigntool blacklisted

Post by iliketrains »

sbsigntool 0.9.2-2ubuntu1.1 is in mintupdate blacklist. It's also shows in apt as most recently installed version ?
I plan to remove it from the blacklist unless someone knows a reason it should be there. I didn't deliberately put it there and I don't think it was done accidentally either. Then again my short term memory has been a little off recently.
Last edited by LockBot on Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: sbsigntool blacklisted

Post by Cosmo. »

The cause for the automatic update is easy to explain. There was a buggy version of update manager, which activated the automatic updates and automatic updates to not respect the blacklist.

Check, which version of Update Manager you have; if it is 5.8.4, than you are good, but you still need to deactivate the automatic updates yourself.

Currently there is some confusion about this and the official advice changes rather rapidly. To get this at 100 % restored, do a Timeshift restore to the last date before you got Update Manager 5.8.3 (most likely 21th June). You will get the newer updates again, the first should be Update Manager 5.8.4. But even in this case you need to disable automatic updates manually.

Return to “Software & Applications”