Insanely Low FPS on Steam Proton

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
VictorFDS
Level 1
Level 1

Insanely Low FPS on Steam Proton

Post by VictorFDS »

Hello everybody.

I'm experiencing very low FPS(~1.5) on Steam Proton.

My OS is Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon / my CPU is Intel© Celeron© CPU B830 @ 1.80GHz × 2 / GPU is Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller / My mesa-Vulkan drivers are already up-to-date[according with Terminal](22.0.5-0ubuntu0.1).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Insanely Low FPS on Steam Proton

Post by antikythera »

That's a known problem with Intel GPU drivers for certain older hardware in kernel 5.15. You may have had more joy with Mint 20.3 and kernel 5.4
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

You aren't likely to get stellar FPS with Intel video cards anyway, they may have the best Linux support but they just never did gaming cards, even for Windows.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
VictorFDS
Level 1
Level 1

Post by VictorFDS »

antikythera wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:48 am That's a known problem with Intel GPU drivers for certain older hardware in kernel 5.15. You may have had more joy with Mint 20.3 and kernel 5.4
Damn, son...

Does that mean I have to downgrade my OS to play Windows games?

Thanks for the answer. God Blesses to you.
VictorFDS
Level 1
Level 1

Post by VictorFDS »

Hoser Rob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:34 am You aren't likely to get stellar FPS with Intel video cards anyway, they may have the best Linux support but they just never did gaming cards, even for Windows.
Even using low graphics in FalloutNV, I still was able to play it on Windows. But now, even Rise of Nations:Extended Edition on Steam I can't.

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

God Blesses to you.

Return to “Software & Applications”