ImageMagick problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chazb
Level 5
Level 5

ImageMagick problem

Post by chazb »

I have looked high and low for an answer, but unable to find one. How do I increase the font size of ImageMagick operators that is the lables on the buttens, the sub-menus, and the help file? I would use ImageMagick more often if I could see it.
Last edited by LockBot on Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: ImageMagick problem

Post by mikeflan »

How do you start ImageMagick? I have ver 8:6.9.7.4 installed and there is no launch for that version. I believe it is all terminal based.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

for gui enter display in terminal
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
iliketrains
Level 4
Level 4

Post by iliketrains »

I don't see any way for a user to change font or anything else with that interface, it's like tkinter except uglier. Use a screen magnifier ? (Only half joking)

mikeflan
For images in file manager does imagemagick show as a right click "open with" option ?
In terminal '"display <filename>" works only if you know the name of the file. The file search provided with the "display" menu is awful.
If your images are as poorly named/organized as mine thumbnails in the file manager are a necessity. In reality imagemagick is command line oriented and the menu provided by "display" feels like a bit of an afterthought.
shedyed
Level 4
Level 4

Post by shedyed »

I suggest you fire up a live session and install GIMP, which is the mutant GUI for ImageMagick. It is an all-around toolbox for almost everybody. If you find it useful, do a full install of GIMP on your system, and proceed to do real work, instead of living on the edge.
chazb
Level 5
Level 5

Post by chazb »

shedyed wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:10 pm I suggest you fire up a live session and install GIMP, which is the mutant GUI for ImageMagick. It is an all-around toolbox for almost everybody. If you find it useful, do a full install of GIMP on your system, and proceed to do real work, instead of living on the edge.
You are right, I just need to learn how to use GIMP. I have an old 1 1/2 inch thick GIMP Bible in my libary, I suspect most of it is out of date, but on the other hand it is better than nothing. I will drag it out and start on page one, and see how it gose.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Post by mikeflan »

mikeflan
For images in file manager does imagemagick show as a right click "open with" option ?
No, it does not:
openwith.png
In reality imagemagick is command line oriented and the menu provided by "display" feels like a bit of an afterthought.
Boy, you aren't kidding. They must have thrown that together in a weekend.

Return to “Software & Applications”