Hello, I cannot installing Google Chrome in 'Linux Mint 21 Xfce 64-bit'

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vass16+
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I cannot installing Google Chrome in 'Linux Mint 21 Xfce 64-bit'

Post by vass16+ »

Hello, I cannot installing Google Chrome in 'Linux Mint 21 Xfce 64-bit' , I use USB via Windows 10, anything else is ok, what can I do? :?:
Last edited by LockBot on Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Hello, I cannot installing Google Chrome in 'Linux Mint 21 Xfce 64-bit'

Post by Cosmo. »

Be more descriptive. Why exactly can you not install? And what does "I use USB via Windows 10" mean?
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

You need the Linux version of Google Chrome, not the executable meant for windows 10.

Go to https://www.google.com/chrome/ and click on Download Chrome. Make sure 64-bit deb is selected and read the notes below it. Then click Accept and Install. That will not actually install it though, it will download the deb file to your Downloads folder. Right click on that download and install it with gdebi.

NOTE - this won't likely work if you are running Linux Mint from the USB stick in Live mode (not installed to your computer) because of RAM limitations.
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
billyswong
Level 8
Level 8

Post by billyswong »

Unless you have special need that requires the exact brand name "Google Chrome", the standard procedure in Linux Mint to install Chrome is through the built-in "Software Manager". In "Internet" category, you will see "Chromium" there. Click it, and then click "Install".

Return to “Software & Applications”