Mint 21 and Wine

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Terryphi
Level 4
Level 4

Mint 21 and Wine

Post by Terryphi »

Mint 21 has a later version of wine than Mint 20.3. Does the upgrade tool handle this successfully? Do 32bit Windows programs continue to work as in Mint 20.3?
Last edited by LockBot on Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Version: LM 21.3 64bit Mate "If something is worth doing, it is worth doing for free."
Terryphi
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mint 21 and Wine

Post by Terryphi »

I decided to not do an upgrade now and instead did a fresh install of Mint 21 on a test computer. My two Windows programs are both 32bit and I found that installation of wine32-preloader was necessary before successfully installing the programs with wine. (This is not installed by wine-installer.) Mint 21 has a later version of wine that Mint 20.3 and this may create some problems with saved data from the old version.

I would still like to hear others' experience of using the upgrade tool and the effect on wine.
Version: LM 21.3 64bit Mate "If something is worth doing, it is worth doing for free."

Return to “Software & Applications”