Cannot boot programs through Conda

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dougl122
Level 1
Level 1

Cannot boot programs through Conda

Post by dougl122 »

Hello,

I had been using Anaconda as my environment manager for working in python, and recently decided to switch to miniconda, both to reduce the amount of unnecessary extras, but also to force myself to do a bit more command line work.

I removed anaconda and installed miniconda. But since installing various applications (such as Spyder or Jupyter Notebooks), I am unable to open them. Here is the error I get if I try to open one of these

could not connect to display localhost:0.0
Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, webgl, xcb.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? I've searched quite a bit and haven't found a solution that works for me.
Last edited by LockBot on Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Cannot boot programs through Conda

Post by deepakdeshp »

Try purging the application and reinstalling them. They come built in Conda isn't it?In that case you could purge Cinema.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Software & Applications”