F2FS and Android

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CliveMcCarthy
Level 3
Level 3

F2FS and Android

Post by CliveMcCarthy »

I have just started using an Andrioid tablet having struggled trying to work with Mint Mate on a tablet -- I reluctantly gave up.

I see that Android gave up on EXT4 a while back and switched to F2FS (my tablet has Android 12 and the last that supported EXT4 was Android 9). Are there any plans for Mint to support F2FS ?

I have installed and lightly used Warpinator but I'm used to using Samba and Avahi between my machines and just wish there was a better means of connecting Android and Linux accross the LAN. The old slogan "The Network is the Computer" still holds true...

A supplemental thought: Since most new personal systems are based on SSDs and not HDDs anymore, it begins to make sense that Mint might adopt F2FS when it is stable in the Linux mainstream. And there is this: https://www.phoronix.com/news/Linux-5.14-File-Systems
Last edited by LockBot on Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
First program written in Algol for a KDF9 (just look up KDF9 on Wikipedia).
Crito
Level 3
Level 3

Re: F2FS and Android

Post by Crito »

Code: Select all

sudo apt install f2fs-tools

makes it work for me. Windows won't be able to read your flash drive though. That's why I still use FAT32 and exFAT, cross-platform interoperability.

Return to “Software & Applications”