Facebook Link issue

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Facebook Link issue

Post by AZgl1800 »

I use Facebook to track family, close friends, and the local News Stations.

Something has changed, what, I don't know.

to follow a news link to a local TV station, I now have to Right Click and "Copy Link" or choose "Open in New Window" .... obviously, Left Click used to open a New Tab and switch to it immediately.

I have gone over and toggled several Firefox options, but none of them effect this behavior.
Last edited by LockBot on Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Facebook Link issue

Post by mikeflan »

That would be annoying. See if your browser had a recent update. If so, Timeshift back and isolate the offending update.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20

Post by AZgl1800 »

mikeflan wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:13 pm That would be annoying. See if your browser had a recent update. If so, Timeshift back and isolate the offending update.
FF gets updated by the Update Manager, it is "always" up todate, as of the time the last update was installed.
when that happened, I don't know, or care.

it just seems strange that Facebook is being effected that way, and also that Firefox got stupid on 3 computers in my domain on the same exact day.... all of the cookies disappeared, and I did NOT do anything to the Security settings.

the Facebook behaviour has been going on now for nearly a month, at least 3 weeks...
I have Facebook Container extension, turned that off, did not change anything
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hello, AZgl1800.
AZgl1800 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:56 pm Left Click used to open a New Tab and switch to it immediately.
Have not noticed any changed behaviour in firefox 105.0.
Instead of right-clicking and selecting "open in new tab", you can still press <Ctrl> and left-click with your mouse. Will open in a new tab.
So: <Ctrl>Left-Mouse-Click. (I use it frequently.)

Regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20

Post by AZgl1800 »

karlchen wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:20 am Hello, AZgl1800.
AZgl1800 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:56 pm Left Click used to open a New Tab and switch to it immediately.
Have not noticed any changed behaviour in firefox 105.0.
Instead of right-clicking and selecting "open in new tab", you can still press <Ctrl> and left-click with your mouse. Will open in a new tab.
So: <Ctrl>Left-Mouse-Click. (I use it frequently.)

Regards,
Karl
would be nice IF it worked, but it does NOT.
until something changes, I will use right click T and suffer thru with it.

this laptop's keyboard is 40 percent junk, half of the keys don't reccord keystrokes anymore or double triple strike, bery annoying, I am going to havvve to replacce it and go to LM21
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

I would test your Facebook problem in a new profile. (This is usually the first thing I try when something weird starts to happen.)

Return to “Software & Applications”