Skype for Business in Citrix not detecting audio device

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lakomon
Level 1
Level 1

Skype for Business in Citrix not detecting audio device

Post by lakomon »

Hi all, this is my very first post. I am brand new to Linux after 25+ years in Windows world...

I am using Citrix Workspace app at home to access my Windows 10 desktop at work. Everything works fine, except that Skype for Business in the virtual Win 10 desktop in Citrix is unable to detect my wireless headset that I need to make skype calls. I never had that issue when I had Windows installed on my PC. I am aware that at least one other Citrix user has asked a similar question, but the issue was not really resolved. I have done hours of online research but am unable to find a solution or some suggestions are way beyond my IT skills (I only switched to Linux a week ago).

Is this possibly a Citrix issue that just hasn't been fixed by Cisco or is someone able to offer an easy-to-follow solution for a Linux newbie?
All help is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kato181
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Skype for Business in Citrix not detecting audio device

Post by kato181 »

Hi lakomon, and welcome to Mint.
I use skype on LM without a problem, but as far as I know there is no skype for business in the linux world, I maybe wrong, but I haven't found that version.
Are you using LM to access citrix workspace?
In terminal, copy & paste the following command and post the results back here in between the code display brackets </> 5th icon above the text box.

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
The following link maybe of some assistance to you.
https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-wo ... x-2205.pdf
MikeNovember
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MikeNovember »

Hi,

I understand you use Citrix Workspace app for Linux, in order to access Windows virtual environment at work. Right?

Since I don't use this app, I can only give you generic advices:

- Have you checked that your Linux system fully complies with requirements as explained in https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-wo ... ments.html? This can be checked with a script, "workspacecheck.sh", as described in the same page.

- Since you want to access Windows at work, did your company ask for support to Citrix in order to have your problem solved? Or ask for support to Microsoft for Skype for Business? There is a "troubleshooting" web page here https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-wo ... oting.html where it is recommended to use diagnostic utility before to contact Citrix.

- Possible Workarounds:
* Use a Windows computer at home to access Windows at work (this could be done with dual boot, see viewtopic.php?f=42&t=381590); or use Windows as guest in a virtual machine (with VMware Workstation Player or Virtual Box) running in your Linux host.
* Use another way to access Windows at work, as an example Teams for Linux, or a VNC protocol (server at work, client at home)...

Regards,

MN
Level 1

Post by lakomon »

Just to clarify, Skype for Business is part of my Win 10 OS at work that I am accessing through Citrix Workspace.
Anyway, I've tried all kinds of suggestions and nothing worked. I have come to the conclusion that this is a Citrix issue and I will have to wait until a future update hopefully fixes the issue. It's another example of big tech neglecting Linux and focusing on Microsoft & Apple products...
Thanks everyone for your support.

Return to “Software & Applications”