Possible blemishes in Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon desktop environment?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Endor
Level 1
Level 1

Possible blemishes in Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon desktop environment?

Post by Endor »

Hi everybody!

I discovered some blemishes on the freshly installed Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon.
It might just be related to my Asus notebook.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scenario 1:
  • Click and HOLD the left mouse button -> Any file or folder (Nemo or Desktop) OR click on an empty area of ​​the desktop OR click on an empty area or a button within a program.
  • Click and release the "superkey" ("windows key" or "tux-key") (Cinnamon main menu opens.)
  • Now release the left mouse button.
The Cinnamon main menu no longer reacts to any selection and remains in the foreground until the "super button" is pressed again.

Scenario 2:
  • Right-click and release on the desktop (regardless of whether it is an empty area or an object).
The brightness AND the volume can no longer be controlled via the FN key until the selection is deselected again with the LEFT mouse button. (Fn-key (hold) + Fx keys (press); depends on the keyboard)

Scenario 3:
  • Left click on the calendar OR the battery icon OR the volume control OR the network icon OR the eject icon OR the notification icon in the taskbar and release.
The brightness can no longer be controlled via the FN key until the selection is deselected again with the LEFT mouse button.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will update the list as soon as possible. There are similar "problems" related to right mouse button clicks in combination with the FN key and some minor blemishes in Explorer (Nemo).

It might be related to my laptop. Maybe someone can confirm that.
Last edited by LockBot on Thu May 25, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kato181
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Possible blemishes in Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon desktop environment?

Post by kato181 »

Well I tried that on my desktop computer running LM20.3 Cinnamon and have encounted the samething and I can confirm the problem is also affecting LM21 Cinnamon.
You should post that bug to github, it maybe a Cinnamon issue or Nemo issue. I don't have any computers running Mate of XFCE so I can't test them.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
Endor
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Endor »

kato181 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:29 am Well I tried that on my desktop computer running LM20.3 Cinnamon and have encounted the samething and I can confirm the problem is also affecting LM21 Cinnamon.
You should post that bug to github, it maybe a Cinnamon issue or Nemo issue. I don't have any computers running Mate of XFCE so I can't test them.
Thank you for your help and confirmation!
deepakdeshp wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:43 am The github link for bugs.
https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon/issues
Thanks for the link, I'll report the bug.

Return to “Cinnamon”