clone formatting bugs in libreoffice

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Luttim
Level 1
Level 1

clone formatting bugs in libreoffice

Post by Luttim »

Hi,
I've found bugs in libreoffice writer and wish to see if anyone else can reproduce.

bug 1
paragraph a is in Times New Roman, paragraph b is in Liberation Mono
I clone formatting from a to b, which works correctly, then save document, close, re-open - the formatting is no longer applied - again showing LIberation Mono instead of Times New Roman.

bug 2
word a is in bold with white (or no) highlighting. word b is in either italics and/or underline and/or coloured highlighting
I clone formatting from a to b. Word b becomes bold (success) but remains italics and/or underline and/or coloured highlighting (failure).
(although in this instance, when I save, close and re-open document, the bold formatting is still applied.

Mint Cinnamon 21
Bugs appear on whatever Libreoffice version came pre-installed, and also Libreoffice 7.3.7.2 (downloaded .debs).
Last edited by LockBot on Sun May 28, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: clone formatting bugs in libreoffice

Post by mikeflan »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Item 1 - I cannot confirm what you say. My LO 6.4.7.2 works as expected, not as you describe. Except that I did not have Times New Roman as an option. I used other Linux default fonts and all copied formats well.

BTW, I did install Microsoft fonts with this command:

Code: Select all

apt install ttf-mscorefonts-installer fonts-crosextra-carlito fonts-crosextra-caladea
But that also did not present Times New Roman in LO, although it did install the MS fonts. Perhaps after a restart it will, but restarts are too painful for me, so I can't try that now.

Item 2 - I can confirm what you say. My LO 6.4.7.2 works as you describe, which is not as expected.
Luttim
Level 1
Level 1

Re: clone formatting bugs in libreoffice

Post by Luttim »

Thanks. A couple of Microsoft fonts had to be installed separately, I can't remember if TNR was one of them.
I have submitted a bug report to bugzilla.

Return to “Software & Applications”