CherryTree Partition Access & Config File

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mike Green
Level 1
Level 1

CherryTree Partition Access & Config File

Post by Mike Green »

Hi.

Ubuntu 20.04 cherrytree V99.52

I'm trying to access a partition called "DData" (sda5) - "media/mg/DData"

In other applications, I would click on "Other Locations" and I would see "DData". When I click on "Other Locations" in CherryTree, I see "Computer" and nothing else. When I click on "Computer" I see "media", and when I click on "media" I get "/media: Permission denied".

How do I fix this ?

Another question. What is the actual config file for CherryTree.?
I thought it was: home/mg/.config/cherrytree/config.cfg

But from the "date last accessed", it does not appear to be the one. I'm wondering if I should be modifying "pick_dir_img=" to "pick_dir_img=media/mg/DData". When I change this parameter, it has no affect at all.

Thanks for any help,
mg.....
Last edited by LockBot on Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mike Green
Level 1
Level 1

Re: CherryTree Partition Access & Config File

Post by Mike Green »

Hi.
I have found the config.cfg that CherryTree uses on my system - Ubuntu 20.02:

/home/mg/snap/cherrytree/63/.config/cherrytree/config.cfg

(I also have a snap/cherrytree/62 directory - I don't know what this one is - 62 vs 63 ???)

I'm trying to play with the following 'pick_dir' commands to access my partition to no avail. Permissions seem to be the problem. No other program has any difficulty accessing any partitions on my system. How to fix this in CherryTree ?

pick_dir_import=/media/mg/DData/
pick_dir_export=/media/mg/DData/
pick_dir_file=/media/mg/DData/
pick_dir_img=/media/mg/DData/
pick_dir_csv=/media/mg/DData/
pick_dir_cbox=/media/mg/DData/

Thanks for any help,
mg....
Kurt3162
Level 4
Level 4

Re: CherryTree Partition Access & Config File

Post by Kurt3162 »

Not really helpful, but on my Mint 21 CherryTree 0.99.43 is able to access partitions mounted in /media (Open file, Other Locations, click on any mounted partition, click on any folder it contains).

Also my CherryTree does use the /home/user/.config/cherrytree/config.cfg file, so there is clearly something borked with your CherryTree installation. For the record I don't have any "snap" folder in my home directory.
I installed CherryTree from the Software manager, first one, not the "Flathub" version (why waste 2+ GB of disk for a 8 MB program!).

I suspect you installed both versions, the old-fashioned one and the Flathub/Snap one on top, and now they somehow conflict. I'd try to uninstall them both, and then only install the old-fashioned one.

Return to “Software & Applications”