Our forum Phpbb vulnerability

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Our forum Phpbb vulnerability

Post by deepakdeshp »

We use phpbb for our forums. There are a lot of listed vulnerabilities. Has there ever been attack over the years?Which version do we use?Just wondering.

https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerabilit ... Phpbb.html
Last edited by LockBot on Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Our forum Phpbb vulnerability

Post by Moem »

deepakdeshp wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:49 am We use phpbb for our forums. There are a lot of listed vulnerabilities. Has there ever been attack over the years?
Yes, and I'm surprised that you forgot. Our forum data was stolen in 2016. viewtopic.php?f=60&t=217506
This post also describes some of the security measures that were put in place to avoid repetition of that attack.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Thank you Moem. I hadn't seen the 2016 post.
It was quite a serious attack . I hope we are safe now with all the measures taken
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

It's required to use the latest version of Phpbb as more the vulnerabilities are patched in it than the older versions. I hope this is the case.
Regards,
Deepak

MikeNovember
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MikeNovember »

Hi,

phpBB as a long history of vulnerabilities (and this history is probably not closed...).

No forum admin will tell you the version of the phpBB it runs: this would ease attacks. :mrgreen:

Updated phpBB cannot prevent all attacks: DDOS success, as an example, does not depend or not on the update forum software.

Some protection to Linux Mint forum seems to be given by Sucuri.

Regards,

MN

Return to “Software & Applications”