Shift+Insert on Numeric Keypad no longer Overstrike mode

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
OS2-User
Level 2
Level 2

Shift+Insert on Numeric Keypad no longer Overstrike mode

Post by OS2-User »

After upgrading from LM 20.3 Mate to 21 Mate over the WE I now lost the convenient toggle option into Overstrike mode, using Shift+Insert [0] on the Numeric Keypad (NK).

Now, Shift+Insert pastes the mouse buffer, Ctrl+Shift+Ins pastes the clipboard.

Strangely, Shift+Del [.] on the NK does nothing at all. At the very least I would now expect for it to also Delete something. In a terminal only, I get this for Shift+Del:

Code: Select all

~
Not sure, how that one was behaving before.

Why this inconsequential, illogical behaviour? NK-Insert pastes, but NK-Delete is still useless.

I was going through the Keyboard Shortcuts settings and Keyboard Layout Options, searching through the forum and googled around for quite some time, but still came up empty handed.

Btw, is there any documentation somewhere, explaining what the infamous yet omnipresent "Default" setting for any of those available options is actually made of?
The way it is currently designed, just stupidly offering "Default", without any used parameters, is extremely unsmart.

Can anyone shed light on what has changed during the upgrade and how I do get the previous behaviour back?
Last edited by LockBot on Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”