Thunderbird is too helpful [solved]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
oxygenfarm
Level 4
Level 4

Thunderbird is too helpful [solved]

Post by oxygenfarm »

Sometimes a sent message is attached to others in the SENT folder w/o my request, becoming part of a thread, making it hard for me to 'file' that message in an appropriate folder on my computer. My SETTINGS simply direct TB to copy all sent messages into the SENT folder, not to combine them.
How can I stop this unwanted combination of messages?
Last edited by LockBot on Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Thunderbird is too helpful

Post by mikeflan »

I don't know how to fix that, but I sympathize with you. My Outlook at work does that sometimes. And sometimes it is nice, but usually it is a big problem. I sure hope my Thunderbird never does that.

So you have threading turned off?
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/me ... hunderbird
MikeNovember
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MikeNovember »

Hi,

Just a look in Thunderbird help would have given you the solution: in Menu Display / Sort By, unselect "Grouped discussions".

Regards,

MN
Level 4

Post by oxygenfarm »

I found the place indicated by 'mikeflan' and saw the check mark which I did not enter, then corrected it. Thanks.

Return to “Software & Applications”