Restoring encrypted home folder after a crash "Access-your-private-data.desktop"

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lexicon993
Level 1
Level 1

Restoring encrypted home folder after a crash "Access-your-private-data.desktop"

Post by lexicon993 »

After restoring my crashed computer and finally getting mint to boot, everything had been reset to defaults and all of my data in my encrypted home directory was unmounted automatically to protect the files. Now, I have no problem clicking the "Access-Your-Private-Data.Desktop" file and getting everything mounted. That works fine. And all my data is there.

The problem is that every time I restart my computer, everything disappears again (out of my documents folder, other folders, etc.) and I have to mount this "Access-Your-Private-Data.Desktop" file again to get access to my data again.

How can I set everything back to normal and get my files back where they need to be and keep it permanently that way so that it survives reboots?
Last edited by LockBot on Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”