[Solved] "Select None" in Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon Nemo 5.4.3?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
janthree
Level 1
Level 1

[Solved] "Select None" in Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon Nemo 5.4.3?

Post by janthree »

Is there an option to "Select None" (i.e., clear all selected files) in Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon Nemo 5.4.3? I see invert selection but no clear selections option. The problem is I would like to run the terminal in a folder using list view with a right click. If no files are selected then I can simply right click and select run terminal but if a file or files are selected then the right click menu changes and I can't run terminal from right click. I see no easy way to deselect the files other than changing the view to compact or icon and clicking somewhere off the file list. I am sure I must be missing a simple solution.
Last edited by LockBot on Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Bleys
Level 4
Level 4

Re: "Select None" in Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon Nemo 5.4.3?

Post by Bleys »

select all -> invert selection (CTRL+A -> CTRL+SHIFT+I)
Ryzen 5 5600G, 16GB RAM, 2TB M.2 Crucial P3, Asrock Deskmeet X300, Samsung Odyssey 49", Linux Mint 21
janthree
Level 1
Level 1

Re: "Select None" in Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon Nemo 5.4.3?

Post by janthree »

Perfect, thanks. I knew I was missing something simple.
cfb
Level 3
Level 3

Re: [Solved] "Select None" in Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon Nemo 5.4.3?

Post by cfb »

You can simply right click on another line i Nemo. Do not click on the actual file name but somewhere to the right of the name. Then the menu will include "Open in terminal".
Bleys
Level 4
Level 4

Re: [Solved] "Select None" in Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon Nemo 5.4.3?

Post by Bleys »

Or add "Open in Terminal" to the toolbar.
Screen Capture_select-area_20221209180951.jpg
Ryzen 5 5600G, 16GB RAM, 2TB M.2 Crucial P3, Asrock Deskmeet X300, Samsung Odyssey 49", Linux Mint 21
janthree
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [Solved] "Select None" summary for this thread

Post by janthree »

So, in summary, from this thread.
To clear all selections, select all -> invert selection (CTRL+A -> CTRL+SHIFT+I)
To run a terminal in a folder with no files selected, just right click anywhere.
To run a terminal in a folder with selected files, right click to the right of any unselected file. Don't right click on the filename itself, it will just select the file.
Or, just add a terminal icon to the toolbar.

Good solutions, thanks Bleys and cfb.

Return to “Software & Applications”