Yet another post on disabling middle button click behavior on touchpad

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Milwaukee73
Level 1
Level 1

Yet another post on disabling middle button click behavior on touchpad

Post by Milwaukee73 »

I've Mint 21 with Cinnamon 5.4.12, and my browser insists that my touch pad should have a middle button. I don't like that.

I've never used a middle-button on mouse, and my touchpad isn't set up for that (marked with left side and right side).
Yet a stock Mint/Cinnamon install responds to the middle button with the browser. In particular, it opens a link in a new tab and deletes an existing tab.

I've wandered thru the site, and the advice so far seems to be to go to the mouse and/or touchpad applets and -- do something. Yet there is nothing there that says "Middle button will do this action: ...".
Enabling "enable middle button thru left + right click" doesn't change the behavior.
I get the behavior with "Default device behavior" and "virtual button areas along bottom of touchpad".
If I choose "Use multiple fingers for right and middle click" I get changed behavior, but i don't really want that to be my solution.

Is there some other configuration for middle button clicks on a touchpad?

My Asus UX430 laptop is using the libinput10 drivers, not synaptics.

Thanks,
Jerome.
Last edited by LockBot on Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”