[SOLVED AGAIN] 21.1 Warpinator Issues

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JTJersey
Level 3
Level 3

[SOLVED AGAIN] 21.1 Warpinator Issues

Post by JTJersey »

Moved two of my three machines to 20.1 and lost Warpinator. This ap has become indispensable in keeping certain files I need synced in these three systems. The two 20.1 systems see each other, but list each other as offline. I've followed all the guides and suggestions, but no luck. I think in the effort to make Warpinator more secure they've made it unusable, at least in my case. Before I reinstall 20 on these two systems would anybody have any insight into this?
Last edited by LockBot on Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 16
Level 16

Re: 21.1 Warpinator Issues

Post by mikeflan »

I suspect you already know that lots of people on LM 21.1 are having problems running Warpinator.
No workaround yet.
Reddog1
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Reddog1 »

Hmmmmm, I've installed Mint 21.1 Xfce as a virtual machine, and Warpinator works just fine for transferring files, at least between Mint machines. I've ignored the prompt to set a code and it just works.
diabolicbg
Level 6
Level 6

Post by diabolicbg »

Reddog1 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:08 am Hmmmmm, I've installed Mint 21.1 Xfce as a virtual machine, and Warpinator works just fine for transferring files, at least between Mint machines. I've ignored the prompt to set a code and it just works.
That's right. If you leave the default code Warpinator still works, but it annoys with the message that a code needs to be entered and rejects the automatic acceptance of files, which is inconvenient when transferred by one person. It has to constantly run from machine to machine to give permission.
They destroyed a wonderful program. :shock:
- You see, in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend, those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. - "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"
JTJersey
Level 3
Level 3

Post by JTJersey »

Was hoping to hear better news. May have to go back to 21 till they sort this out. This using a thumdrive between three remote machines is wearing me out.
diabolicbg
Level 6
Level 6

Post by diabolicbg »

JTJersey wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:52 pm Was hoping to hear better news. May have to go back to 21 till they sort this out. This using a thumdrive between three remote machines is wearing me out.
You can upgrade the last machine, but leave Warpinator running with the default code. This way it works without a problem. Only the red message bar is annoying.
The downside is that without the code you cannot remove the acceptance approval requirement. If the three machines are not in the same room, the run will be great.
- You see, in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend, those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. - "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"
JTJersey
Level 3
Level 3

Post by JTJersey »

Went back to 21 on the upgraded systems and Warpinator still doesn't work. Going to have to figure how to do a shared folder I guess.
JTJersey
Level 3
Level 3

Post by JTJersey »

Well this is interesting. Did a complete uninstall of Warpinator on all 3 computers and installed the Flathub version on all 3. Everything is working just fine. 2 of the computers are on 21.0 and one on 21.1. Might try upping the other 2 systems one at time and see if it continues to work.
mikeflan
Level 16
Level 16

Post by mikeflan »

Bully for you and Flatpak :wink:
Thanks for sharing that info with us.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

I've a clean install of 21.1
And Warpinator is fine.

Have you tried removing all the cache and config data and starting over

That flatpak is working for some, is an indication that it might be old data related
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
JTJersey
Level 3
Level 3

Post by JTJersey »

caf4926 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:37 am I've a clean install of 21.1 And Warpinator is fine.
Have you tried removing all the cache and config data and starting over
That flatpak is working for some, is an indication that it might be old data related
Yes. I did a complete uninstall of Warpinator with the Package Manager. Config files and all, prior to installing the flatpak. I agree there may be some conflict with the old data. I'm going to try updating one of my systems today and see if the flatpak still works.
JTJersey
Level 3
Level 3

Post by JTJersey »

Updated all three of the systems I'm concerned with to 21.1 and all three using Warpinator flatpak. Things appear to be working as normal. At this point I'm a happy camper. I'll call this solved, an annoyance, but still solved.
JTJersey
Level 3
Level 3

Re: [SOLVED] 21.1 Warpinator Issues

Post by JTJersey »

There was an update to Warpinator today to version 1.4.4 and guess what? I'm right back to square one when I started this thread. The older version 1.2.14 has been removed so you can't even revert back to it. I'm remarking this as NOT solved, again. :cry:
Maxwell-J
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Maxwell-J »

Warpinator Victoria 8)
JTJersey
Level 3
Level 3

Post by JTJersey »

Going to have to remark this as SOLVED. Everything has been running smoothly again. The one system that had Warpinator installed, but wasn't on the same code as the rest was causing the whole system to not work. Updated that one computer and put it on the same code and everything started connecting normally. Was not expecting that at all, but I'll take it as fixed.
JTJersey
Level 3
Level 3

Re: [BROKE AGAIN] 21.1 Warpinator Issues

Post by JTJersey »

Latest update (03/28/23 @ 8:39AM EST) for Warpinator broke the link to one of my networked Mint systems AGAIN. None of my user adjustable settings have changed and all my network connections are perfect. Every other time there's an update at least one of my systems won't connect and it's never the same one. I'd wish they'd quite screwing with a good thing. Now I'm back to walking around with a thumbdrive.
diabolicbg
Level 6
Level 6

Post by diabolicbg »

I don't know what you're doing with these computers, but after I wrote to you, I implemented a new group code on all my devices and they work to this day without any problems, transferring files in all directions between Windows, LM and Android.
In my opinion nothing is broken, you just have it messed up. Behind every non working computer is one person who did nothing. :lol:
JTJersey
Level 3
Level 3

Post by JTJersey »

diabolicbg wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:51 am I don't know what you're doing with these computers, but after I wrote to you, I implemented a new group code on all my devices and they work to this day without any problems, transferring files in all directions between Windows, LM and Android.
In my opinion nothing is broken, you just have it messed up. Behind every non working computer is one person who did nothing. :lol:
Makes no sense. Warpinator was working perfectly on all my systems until this last update with no changes on my part. Got the offending system working with Warpinator again by rebuilding the flatpak launcher shortcut. Remember, not everybodies hardware is the same as yours.

Return to “Software & Applications”