What happens if I keep using LM 19.3 Tricia after end of life?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dwierda
Level 1
Level 1

What happens if I keep using LM 19.3 Tricia after end of life?

Post by dwierda »

What happens if I keep using LM 19.3 Tricia after end of life? My computer works fine and I don't want to take the time to get everything working again or use more memory and disk space than I am now. @br1anstorm and @xenopeek I did see some discussion of upgrading here: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=390318 but has anyone just kept using a release after end of life?
Last edited by LockBot on Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: What happens if I keep using LM 19.3 Tricia after end of life?

Post by xenopeek »

There will be no further updates to fix security issues after April. Especially for web browsers and apps connected to the internet, or apps handling files downloaded from the internet, you're strongly recommended to use a Linux Mint version that gets updates. Web browsers get security fixes every few weeks, I don't think you want to go without that for a long time.

Eventually it will become impossible to install new apps as software repositories will be taken offline. And if you continue using an obsoleted web browser version then eventually websites may start complaining your web browser version is too old or not work right.

Return to “Software & Applications”