no sound playing mp4 file in chromium

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
handyman4848
Level 2
Level 2

no sound playing mp4 file in chromium

Post by handyman4848 »

When playing mp4 files in chromium I have no sound. The sound works fine playing the file in celluloid or vlc.
Also sound works fine playing streaming video from you-tube or other streaming sites in chromium.
I want to use chromium to cast mp4 videos from my hard drive to my tv. Can anyone help with this?

I need to clarify my post, the problem is with casting from my computer to chromecast using chromium (or google chrome). The sound works fine using the computers speaker with sound set to line out audio, but there is no sound from the tv set when casting content from my hard disk using chromium although sound is ok when casting from youtube or other streaming sites. I have the sound set to digital output when trying to cast.
Last edited by LockBot on Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: no sound playing mp4 file in chromium

Post by mikeflan »

Sound when playing an MP4 works fine for me in Chromium version 109.0.5414.74 (Official Build) for Linux Mint (64-bit).

Return to “Software & Applications”