Brave locks my computer

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Richardit
Level 1
Level 1

Brave locks my computer

Post by Richardit »

Hi,
My question is about Brave, browser that I love very much. For some months, however, it has been giving me a problem. After X time the computer freezes and I'm forced to turn it off, which is not good on the computer. It only happens to me with Brave, simply browsing between websites. If I do the same type of operations, with the steffa frequency and quantity of windows, acceleration and waste of RAM memory with firefox I have no problems.
But I would like to use only Brave.
I thought it was a hard drive problem cloning the system. It's likely to depend on the system, it's true, but how can I figure out what's the problem without having to reinstall it all over again?
Has this ever happened to you?
Thank you
Last edited by LockBot on Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dave0808
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Brave locks my computer

Post by dave0808 »

Ideally you want to have a look at the browser's "task manager" to see which of its process may be consuming a lot of CPU. Of course, if your computer isn't being responsive, then it will be tricky to do this. You could try browsing with the task manager open and visible in a corner / edge of the screen.

Previously there have been issues with the "Bat Ledger Service" (https://www.ledger.com/academy/brave-br ... tching-ads). Could be unrelated.

Return to “Software & Applications”