Deepin-Screenshot install on Mint 21.1 Mate help.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
henyrk
Level 1
Level 1

Deepin-Screenshot install on Mint 21.1 Mate help.

Post by henyrk »

Hey guys,
I hope I am not the only one here that loves Deepin-Screenshot app for its simplicity etc. Now, the issues I have is the following and I hope someone here will help me out.

When I install Linux MINT latest LMDE than I can just go to terminal and install deepin-screenshot by using this command line: sudo apt install deepin-screenshot
and thats all it will install it without issues and works 100%. Now, after I installed the latest Linux Mint 21.1 Mate edition and try to install deepin-screenshot it tells me that this method does not work. Could you please help me out and maybe point me to a direction where I can install deepin-screenshot from command line like it works on LMDE edition of linux mint? I do nor refer to the deepin-screencast app I am referring to the deepin-screenshot app.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zula
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Deepin-Screenshot install on Mint 21.1 Mate help.

Post by zula »

Hi henryk,
When I try this command, Linux Mint Cinnamon reports that the package is not available any longer for some reason, and there is a possible replacement in deepin-screen-recorder:

Code: Select all

sudo apt install deepin-screenshot
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Package deepin-screenshot is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  deepin-screen-recorder

E: Package 'deepin-screenshot' has no installation candidate
Maybe this will get it back for you, and maybe even a whole screen recorder :)

I just started using flameshot for screen shots, it seems nice :)
henyrk
Level 1
Level 1

Post by henyrk »

Hey Zula, how exactly but I know there is a way to install just the deepin-screenshot app. I hope that someone here knows. I just prefer the simple way it works. Thanks anyway
linux-rox
Level 10
Level 10

Post by linux-rox »

Turns out, has been deprecated: https://github.com/martyr-deepin/deepin-screenshot

Was available in LM20, by the way, as part of the Ubuntu repo.
spamegg
Level 14
Level 14

Post by spamegg »

linux-rox wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:44 pm Turns out, has been deprecated: https://github.com/martyr-deepin/deepin-screenshot

Was available in LM20, by the way, as part of the Ubuntu repo.
It might have something to do with Deepin deciding to ditch Debian and go independent recently https://debugpointnews.com/deepin-23-leaves-debian/

Return to “Software & Applications”