DC++

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
iuliuscezar

DC++

Post by iuliuscezar »

I've recently installed Mint 8 on my laptop and I seem to be having some trouble with DC++. I have not enabled the firewall the OS came together with and so I really don't see what could be blocking my access.
I always get a Connection timeout when I try to connect to a hub or I can connect to one but I can't search or get any file lists.
I tried running under passive mode but nothing changes though I suppose I wouldn't normally be able to download much if I don't use Direct Connection.
Even direct connection does not work for me and I've specified my IP and 3 random ports for TCP,UDP and TLS(higher than 49152).I suppose that's alright?I don't know if DC should assign them automatically.
Any device would be appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: DC++

Post by Husse »

Well, especially if you have a Dlink router you may experience a bug that stops some applications from connecting to the internet
Workaround here

Return to “Software & Applications”