Block downloading from Internet

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rony925

Block downloading from Internet

Post by rony925 »

How do i block downloading data from the internet.
I mean i dont want other people to be able to download anything on to my linux mint 8 system.
Block downloading totally.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
beefstu

Re: Block downloading from Internet

Post by beefstu »

If you never want any network access at all, you could probably uninstall the network manager through the package manager, this would mean you could never update or access files on other computers within your network either
Biker
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Biker »

rony925 wrote:How do i block downloading data from the internet.
I mean i dont want other people to be able to download anything on to my linux mint 8 system.
Simple. Don't allow other people access to your computer.
Linux User #384279
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

rony925 wrote:How do i block downloading data from the internet.
You didn't mention what application other people are using when they download stuff using your terminal. I'll assume Firefox, since that's most likely the medium they use. There is an add-on called Public Fox that you can install. From there you can lock-down downloads as well as other options with a password.

HTH.
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].

Return to “Software & Applications”