Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
ColJep
Level 1
Level 1

Firefox change behaviour in Mint 9

Post by ColJep »

Has anybody noticed the following change of behaviour in Firefox with Mint 9 Gnome.
If you open Firefox from a link in an Email (I use Thunderbird) it becomes the active window but if it is already open a new link opens a new tab but Firefox does not become the active window?
I have found this true on two machines. In previous Mints Firefox always became the active window when opened or asked for a new tab from a link in an Email.
I suppose the same is true with Ubuntu Lucid but I have not tried it.
Edit:
There seems to be a change in the Tab behaviour under Preferences. Under the Tabs section I had to uncheck the "when I open a link in a new tab switch to it immediately" and the "Open new window in a new tab instead" options, close the preferences dialogue, use Firefox a bit then reset the options and the worked correctly.
When Firefox was updated to 3.6.7 I had to do it all again.
Edit 2:
The behaviour mentioned in edit 1 is only temporary. It soon reverts to the original as described in this post. Therefore [Solved} removed.
Last edited by ColJep on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
revdjenk
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Firefox change behaviour in Mint 9

Post by revdjenk »

ColJep,

Haven't used FF for a while, but it is probably a FF change, not a Mint9 change. It is only polite for a linked to app to act like the original app being used might be where someone may want to stay, than be obnoxious and take over?! Don't know if this may this be the intention?

God Bless
Doug
Malachi 3:10 NRSV
...says the LORD of hosts... I will not open...windows...for you...

Linux user since 2001 pda; 2006 lappy

Return to “Software & Applications”