Jedit - can't install the Latex Tools plugin

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
runbei

Jedit - can't install the Latex Tools plugin

Post by runbei »

It may be a question of pointing Jedit to the right files to compile, preview, etc. using the Latex Tools, but so far I'm unable to get the plugin to work. Anybody have experience with this? The docs are incomprehensible.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Jedit - can't install the Latex Tools plugin

Post by DrHu »

• The LaTeXTools plugin includes a set of features to enable more efficient LaTeX editing. The features currently include a BibTeX citation insertion tool, a reference insertion tool, and a user configurable LaTeX document navigator
Is that the plugin you are looking for

Help within jedit, indicates there are two methods of installing plugins,: manual or via plugin manager
--it seems to take a little time to populate the olgin list from the install button on the plugin manager, but they do appear..

jedit Help F1 key or Help menu selection..
  • Installing and Updating Plugins
    Plugins can be installed in two ways; manually, and from the plugin manager. In most cases, plugins should be installed from the plugin manager. It is easier and more convenient.
    To install plugins manually, go to http://plugins.jedit.org in a web browser and follow the directions on that page.
    To install plugins from the plugin manager, make sure you are connected to the Internet and click the Install tab in the plugin manager window. The plugin manager will then download information about available plugins from the jEdit web site, and present a list of plugins compatible with your jEdit release.
    Click on a plugin in the list to see some information about it. To select plugins for installation, click the check box next to their names in the list.
runbei

Post by runbei »

Thanks - I installed it manually - may have made a mistake. Will try the internal method (with downloading from jedit site).
runbei

Post by runbei »

I got the LaTeX Tools plugin to work successfully - in part. Seems you have to install the Console, Sidekick, and GnuRegexp plugins for it to work properly.

I'm able to compile a .tex file to .dvi, but not to pdf. In the Plugin Options screen for LaTeX Tools, you need to type the Default Compile Command. I put "latex" there. Should it be something different?
svalbard

Post by svalbard »

runbei wrote:I got the LaTeX Tools plugin to work successfully - in part. Seems you have to install the Console, Sidekick, and GnuRegexp plugins for it to work properly.

I'm able to compile a .tex file to .dvi, but not to pdf. In the Plugin Options screen for LaTeX Tools, you need to type the Default Compile Command. I put "latex" there. Should it be something different?
If you want pdf output, you may need to use pdflatex as the default compile command instead.
runbei

Post by runbei »

Thanks a bunch, but pdflatex isn't in the repos. I thought xetex was supposed to do the same as pdflatex, only better. ??

Return to “Software & Applications”