Amazon MP3 downloader software

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
manicmint

Amazon MP3 downloader software

Post by manicmint »

I am running Linux Mint x86 Gnome, and I am trying to install the amazon MP3 software required to download MP3's from there music store. When I attempt to install the software I receive an error message that says "Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libboost-filesystem1.34.1". Is there a way to resolve this error? I have Googled with not much luck. Any help would be great. Cheers!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/dmusic/help/am ... v_dmusic_5
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Brian49

Re: Amazon MP3 downloader software

Post by Brian49 »

The libboost package can be installed via the package manager - search the list for libboost-filesystem1.34.1 and it should show up. Once you've installed it, the Amazon package installation should go through.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

Even having "libboost-filesystem1.34.1" installed I am still unable to get it to load. I get Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libboost-filesystem1.34.1 still anymore ideas I can try.

Thanks
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
mauricep

Post by mauricep »

I am having the same problem. The issue appears to be that the version of libboost in the Mint repositories is a later one (1.40 i think). I'm too much of a noob to figure out a workaround.

I briefly dabbled with dpkg in the terminal and quickly found myslelf out of my depth. I feel that something along the lines of "sudo dpkg -i --force-depends-version amazonmp3.deb" should do the trick, but I still get about 6 dependency errors. Any more experienced people willing to help us out?
mauricep

Post by mauricep »

willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

I did mine from Amazon and mine worked.
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
Subito Piano

Post by Subito Piano »

I had a similar problem with my 64-bit machine. I discovered there's a plugin for Banshee and it took care of it all. Banshee is available thru Synaptic, of course.
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

Does anyone know of a solution for LMDE? Installing Ubuntu packages on LMDE can break the system and I really want to get the Amazon downloader installed.
edwardr

Post by edwardr »

You don't have to install the amazon downloader program to get the mp3 files, it is optional. I have bought several songs from amazon over the last few months without the downloader program. When you purchase the mp3 and get to the page asking you to install the downloader program, look around and there should be a link somewhere to continue without the program, or to download the file directly (I forget just how it is worded).
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

I know I can snag the songs individually from the Cloud Player but today I got half a dozen free songs and if I could install the Downloader I could have downloaded them all at once instead of one at a time.
edwardr

Post by edwardr »

OK, I understand now. I've never bought more than one or two at a time, so I wasn't thinking in terms of multiple downloads.
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

There are often entire free albums available so being able to download en masse is a very handy ability.

Return to “Software & Applications”