Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Gramps50
Level 4
Level 4

chromium Menus

Post by Gramps50 »

I have installed the new chromium browser and compared to Firefox & Opera it is blazing fast. I think I could use it as my main browser (currently Opear) most of the time except for one thing. I dont care for the new look of chromium without the menu n top like Firefox & Opera. I think at one time I was able to make the menu show on the top like normal but for the life of me I can't find how I did it. We're talking "File, Edit, View, etc here.

The other thing that bugs me is when you click on a link using ctl/click to open it in a new tab, on FF & Opera you can set it so the new tab becomes the active tab, can't find this option in chromium

Chromium 8.0.552.215 (67652) Built on Ubuntu 10.10, running on LinuxMint 10

Thanks
LMDE ROCKS!!!

vincent
Level 8
Level 8

Re: chromium Menus

Post by vincent »

I cannot recall seeing File, Edit, View, etc., i.e. the classic menu bar, ever implemented in Chromium. Even if it was once included, it's probably not there anymore; the Chromium devs have consistently stripped and simplified the GUI after each release, so the only thing that resembles a menu is the contents of the wrench icon's dropdown menu.

On the other hand, if you're really just looking for better integration for Chromium in your DE of choice, just go to Wrench > Preferences > Personal Stuff, and select "Use system title bar and borders".
Debian Testing x64/LM9 Main x64/Windows 7 x64 - LG R580 laptop w/ Intel Core 2 Duo T6500 2.1 GHz, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, Nvidia Geforce G 105M, Ralink rt2860 802.11n, 300 GB WD HD 5400 rpm

Fixitmanarizona
Level 1
Level 1

Re: chromium Menus

Post by Fixitmanarizona »

No wrench Icon anymore either. Why can't they just put words up top like all the others?
Just installed the latest version, I tried clicking some little icon that has three lines on it, which does nothing but freeze the application. THIS is the file edit etc menu? It always was much much slower than Firefox, and now this.

Return to “Software & Applications”