Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Temporary Saint
Level 3
Level 3

How to change the Keyring password? [SOLVED]

Post by Temporary Saint » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:56 pm

When I ran the Live CD of ver 9 on my laptop I test-installed an app which required the creation of a keyring and keyring password. Without rebooting the laptop I decided I wanted to install the OS. Now, with the OS installed, when I login using my ID and password I always get a window requesting the keyring password (which is different from my password). Can I change the keyring password so it matches my password?

Steve
Last edited by Temporary Saint on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Endeavor to be unique; everyone else does.

beefstu
Level 5
Level 5

Re: How to change the Keyring password?

Post by beefstu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:17 pm

Yep, you can also remove it all together to stop you having to type it each time, although that's obviously not advised as it means that your passwords aren't stored encrypted.

Go to "Passwords and Encryption keys" in the Menu, on the "Passwords" tab, right click "Passwords: Login" and select change password and type your old followed by your new one twice, or leave the new password blank if you do want to get rid of it.
Please go through the steps here when posting a question. Once your question has been resolved, edit the original question post and add [Solved] to the subject. Both of these will help others use the forum effectively.

Temporary Saint
Level 3
Level 3

Re: How to change the Keyring password? [SOLVED]

Post by Temporary Saint » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:14 am

Actually I needed to change the password for the Default keyring not the Login keyring.

Thanks for your help!

Steve
Endeavor to be unique; everyone else does.

Return to “Software & Applications”