Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
ginosal
Level 1
Level 1

Flash (facebook issues)

Post by ginosal »

Hi! I have a little problem with facebook. When I try to upload multiple images, i'm asked to upgrade to the last Adobe Flash version, but when I follow the procedure and I try to install the .deb package, i get the error: wrong architecture. So I follow the x64 procedure, that is to say: download libflashplayer.so and simply copy it into the right folder, but nothing happens, still the same message. On my desktop computer I've got Ubuntu 10.10 and on that computer everything works fine there. To do the same thing (uploading multiple photos) I'm using a nautilus script, but I would like to know what's the difference with Ubuntu. Why AFlash works there and not on the laptop with Mint? Thank you!

P.S. The problem is the same on Chrome, Chromium and Firefox!
Linux Mint 13
JasonLG
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Flash (facebook issues)

Post by JasonLG »

ginosal wrote:Hi! I have a little problem with facebook. When I try to upload multiple images, i'm asked to upgrade to the last Adobe Flash version, but when I follow the procedure and I try to install the .deb package, i get the error: wrong architecture. So I follow the x64 procedure, that is to say: download libflashplayer.so and simply copy it into the right folder, but nothing happens, still the same message. On my desktop computer I've got Ubuntu 10.10 and on that computer everything works fine there. To do the same thing (uploading multiple photos) I'm using a nautilus script, but I would like to know what's the difference with Ubuntu. Why AFlash works there and not on the laptop with Mint? Thank you!

P.S. The problem is the same on Chrome, Chromium and Firefox!
The latest version of Flash should be in the repo. Update your system with this command.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
"I see" said the blind man to the deaf man who stuck his wooden leg out the window to check the weather.
mephi
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mephi »

got the same problem. system is up to date.
JasonLG
Level 7
Level 7

Post by JasonLG »

mephi wrote:got the same problem. system is up to date.
There are some cases that sites block the 64bit Linux flash plugin, most notably Hulu. I can't really say about facebook as I'm pretty much anti-facebook and don't have an account.
"I see" said the blind man to the deaf man who stuck his wooden leg out the window to check the weather.
MrD
Level 4
Level 4

Post by MrD »

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... flash-aid/ try this plugin and rotate through the available flash installs. I've got it installed and working fine. Although, I have manually added a beta version of Adobe Flash 11 right now to test (not noting much differences really)

The ever present flash issue with uploading multiple pictures on facebook is there though, have to twice request them to upload before they actually start.
Dell Inspiron 1520 - T6570 2.1ghz C2D, 4 gigs ram, integrated Intel 965 GPU, Intel replacement wifi card.
ginosal
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ginosal »

MrD wrote:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... flash-aid/ try this plugin and rotate through the available flash installs. I've got it installed and working fine. Although, I have manually added a beta version of Adobe Flash 11 right now to test (not noting much differences really)

The ever present flash issue with uploading multiple pictures on facebook is there though, have to twice request them to upload before they actually start.
Thank you all for your suggestions, but they didn't work... Well, I'll wait for the next Ubuntu release and try that one!
Linux Mint 13

Return to “Software & Applications”