Problem with Exaile

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fletcher

Problem with Exaile

Post by fletcher »

I have liked Exaile since I moved to Linux almost two years ago. But for the last week, it has not been working right. When I open it, there is no media in it. I have to rescan my collection every time.

I tried doing a complete removal and then installing it again, did no good. So right now I have it completely removed again, and I am going to try Banshee again.

But I would really like to use Exaile, since I like th way it works and it uses my system theme. Any ideas about what's going on?

I am running Mint 9 LXDE, and I will happily post any specs that might help.

Thanks.

Edit: I keep my music on a different partition than my operating systems. I have not checked to see if the problem comes up in my other OSes.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Problem with Exaile

Post by viking777 »

There was a problem here with Exaile which was fixed by installing the latest version 0.3.2.1 from source.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... le#p412393

Maybe you could try that. I know it is on the LMDE forum but it may be a similar problem with you I don't know. OTOH this problem was about Exaile not starting and obviously for you it does start so it may not be the same thing.
gogogadget

Re: Problem with Exaile

Post by gogogadget »

One reason I can think of is, if you have your music collection on a partition which isn't mounted on default or Exaile is started before the mount. Only guessing though.

I agree btw. that the way how things work in Exaile is better than in Banshee or Rhythmbox. Unfortunately I also get the feeling there are some major bugs which make it completely unusable to me e.g. toal freeze when trying to scan a media folder of a certain size (e.g. only 8gb). I guess Exaile needs some major polishing :( , hwoever I didn't check the latest versions yet

Return to “Software & Applications”