Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
eggbert
Level 1
Level 1

Arrghhh, Mint 11 'blocking' mouse clicks - super annoying

Post by eggbert » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:59 pm

Hi,

I installed Mint 11, and so far I am not seeing any major issues with compiz except for one painfully annoying issue. It's very strange, for example sometime I'll try to click on a button or a link and nothing happens, as if mouse input is being blocked. Or, sometimes I'll be scrolling with the scroll wheel and it will just stop. I have to actually "shake" the window to get it work again.

I am guessing this is a compiz problem, it does not seem to happen with metacity. Does anyone know of a workaround for this?

I saw the post about downgrading compiz via a PPA, but I read it apparently breaks the fusion icon? How would i switch between metacity and compiz without the fusion icon?

Thanks for any help

serenicom
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Arrghhh, Mint 11 'blocking' mouse clicks - super annoyin

Post by serenicom » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:44 am

Same problem here... Sometimes clicking at the bottom edge of a button will work, other times not.

I scrolled up and down in the software manager application list and could highlight some items but not others. Hitting enter will select things when the mouse click is totally ignored. using the keyboard to scroll the list and pressing enter worked.

On several occasions I have had to shut down using the power button because I could find no other way to get control of the GUI.

Mint 11 32bit, Sony Vaio with 4Gb RAM, PAE Kernel.

I am having difficulty submitting this reply because the submit button will go red when I mous over it, but the click is not recorded!

Thanks, Phil Stephens

Paper Bag
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Arrghhh, Mint 11 'blocking' mouse clicks - super annoyin

Post by Paper Bag » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:54 pm

It is an issue with the Compiz' Static Application Switcher. Was fixed in compiz - 1:0.9.4+bzr20110606-0ubuntu1~natty1. Bug report here, including an easy way to reproduce it: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/789580

Return to “Software & Applications”