Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Ctulhu
Level 2
Level 2

Firefox 4.0.1 on Mint 11: title bar issues

Post by Ctulhu »

Hi all

I am using Firefox 4.0.1 on Mint 11 and have an issue with the title bar. After having browsed through a few pages, the title bar, which usually changes depending on the title of the page, doesn't change anymore. It now shows:

subject line of an mail I looked at in Gmail - my gmail address - Mozilla Firefox

The window indicator in the panel still shows the right title, but the title bar doesn't - any clues or is that just a bug I should file?
C
karashata
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Firefox 4.0.1 on Mint 11: title bar issues

Post by karashata »

I used to see this quite a lot as well, I think it's somehow tied to the buggy version of Compiz being shipped with Mint 11 (and it's Ubuntu base, 11.04). I also noticed that the window frame/decoration wasn't changing focus when changing windows (most noticeable with a theme that has clearly different appearance between focused and unfocused windows), and both bugs were resolved when I downgraded Compiz to the older, more stable 0.8.6 version.

There are instructions here on how to downgrade Compiz in Ubuntu Natty Narwhal and its derivatives, I hope they work for you as well as they worked for me and others who've downloaded in order to have a better Compiz-related experience.
Linux Mint user since 2010, fluffy dragon forever!
Registered Linux User #473695
Ctulhu
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Firefox 4.0.1 on Mint 11: title bar issues

Post by Ctulhu »

oh, cool, trying that now. Thanks so much,
C

Return to “Software & Applications”