Please do not see the address and go

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
remas

Please do not see the address and go

Post by remas »

I have a modem Internet (HSP USB MODEM ) and the modem is Autorun.exe - i cant install the setup for modem in katya --- when i put the modem in my computer
nothing happens --i want to install the setup program for modem to be able to connect the internet
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rob2uk

Re: Please do not see the address and go

Post by rob2uk »

We need more details.

1: Which version of Mint are you running?

2: With the modem connected to the PC, please enter this in a terminal, and post the output here:

Code: Select all

lsusb
sgosnell

Post by sgosnell »

Autorun.exe is a Windows program, won't run under Linux except perhaps with wine, and that may not help. You didn't list the manufacturer of the modem, so I can't find anything specific, but if you put the manufacturer and model into Google, along with "+linux", you should be able to find out if the manufacturer offers Linux drivers for it. Some do, some don't. You might be able to find out how to make it work under Linux from the hits you get. Without more specific information, I can't be of more help.
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

a HSP USB MODEM [if my research is correct] is a 3g wireless dongle.... was it plugged in when you installed mint? do you have and additional drivers icon in the bottom task bar? try clicking and see if proprietary drivers are waiting to be authorised/installed
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

ADDENDUM if you can get on line through another source check out

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NetworkManager/ ... band_cards

[you will need to know make and model number
rich_roast

Post by rich_roast »

I get this with my own 3G dongle until I unmount it using any means necessary (I usually just open up pcmanfm which happens to be my file explorer and "eject" the fake "CD drive" containing the windows software as well as the memory card in it). This seems to jolt usb-modeswitch into action and I'm connected. I've been too lazy to find a better solution.

Return to “Software & Applications”